Saturday, July 28, 2007

Netball? But It's Been 15 Years!!!

I reckon that Mei was a little desperate when she put me down as part of the netball team for our 'Hari Keluarga' games. I rephrase that...I reckon that Mei was VERY desperate for any sort of homo sapien that fitted her basic requirements of being able to run (short spurts will do), jump (5 cm from the ground also accepted) and grunt (very important to psycho the enemy...ooops...opponent).
Thus, this Saturday morning saw me waking up early and rushing to the UM Sports Centre (was a tad late). In total, our team played four games and though we did not emerge champions (like our volleyball team...congratulations by the way), we came in 3.5. Nope, no mistake there. Apparently, the organisers bought similar prizes for the third and fourth placing and so, we didn't bother to battle it out. The sun was glaring and despite the spf 45 sunblock I slapped on, I could feel myself turning shades darker. But it was a fun experience...the last time I remember holding a net ball was in SMSS where I of course held the position as a GK (goal keeper). The pictures posted up here were taken of the guys in our zone during their first game...which was simply hilarious as most of them did not know the rules of the game. So, it ended up being a mix of basketball, football and galah panjang. I don't recollect ever laughing so much during a netball match. Yikes, is that the time...I'd better run. Christie's 'house blessing/warming' barbeque is on this evening and I have to get the ice and bring along (must wash first) the 'zebra' stainless steel water dispenser that's been sitting in a corner in my kitchen for many years now. I really do hope that it is not rusty or falling apart.

1 comment:

sildenafil 50 mg said...

Zenegra 10 Tablet is a physician endorsed medication used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It works by expanding the bloodstream to the penis. This causes men to get or keep an erection. It has a place with a gathering of prescriptions known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors.