Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Twilight...The Biggest Booketh Mistake Ever!

Last Sunday found me in Borders...browsing...where I made the biggest selection mistake ever. Twilight...is (in my humble opinion) the WORST BOOK EVER WRITTEN that has received so many accolades of praise. And that is me in a very generous mood. Please don't ask me why I purchased it. We all have our weak moments. I do not have many regrets in life...but thanks to this buy, the list just grew by two points (yes I confess, I also bought the sequel New Moon). Argh!!! Please don't judge me...or my library of books...I feel rotten enough as it is.
.
But on the bright side (and wanting to move away and forget Twilight ever happened), I also acquired a book that I have been searching for awhile now. American Gods (author's prefered text) by Neil Gaiman and it was much cheaper than the copy I saw in Brisbane (so I am glad that I waited). Yes, I also feel bad because Gaiman and Twilight should never be mentioned in the same article and neither should Gaiman ever be in the same book bag as Twilight. Suffice to say, I have learned my lesson. My shame is great but I shall raise my head and continue my browsing (far far away from books with the titles Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Told you! Such a chick book! The show was not very good either. You had better keep the receipt to claim income tax...at least that's the silver lining.

~ D

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Poor thing. Don't worry la ... we all make mistakes. I've bought a lot of comic books that I wish I hadn't paid good money for. And comic books are way more expensive than paperbacks ok?! I'm sure American Gods eased the pain by a lot. :P