Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This Is Me Trying To Get Started On Christmas Eve

Christmas carols are playing on my lap top and there's a feeling of calm and peace in the air. As I type this post, preparations are under way for the barbeque tonight...and I am salivating as thoughts of perfectly marinated grill lamb float in out of my pre-caffeinated brains. My car smells like baguettes...not complaining though...it's a nice smell...a yummy smell. And how can Ichi Ban Buta not smell like baguettes? That was A LOT of baguettes in my trolley last night (ha ha...totally emptied Tesco's shelves)...people actually stopped to stare. I felt like telling them, "I like my baguettes, okay?!!! You got a problem with that?!!!" Then I would give them a troll like sneer and walk away. Ha ha ha! The baguettes are for the grilled garlic bread tonight, in case anyone is wondering. I think I will skip my lunch today.
.
Okay, before I go, this is a list of 'me' that I penned down in Sept, 2004 in case I developed amnesia and needed to get to know myself all over again. Say what?!! Don't ask. I don't know why I think of these things. Amnesia indeed! Anyway, it was amusing going down the list because I realised that I have not changed much. Hhhhmmm, I don't know whether that's good or bad...more bad I reckon. But here it is anyway...with my comments in red (comments from my 2008 self that is):
.
I don't smoke. (Still don't)
I drink somewhat. (Ha ha...yes, still somewhat!)
I hate capsicum and milk. (With a passion)
I have the gift of sleeping. (Thank God still do...as soon as my head hits the pillow)
I love traveling.
But only with the right sort of people.
I hate hypocrites.
But sometimes am one myself.
I like most alternative music. (And now indie groups too...and melancholic song writers)
I also like Simon & Garfunkle and the Carpenters. (So sue me!)
I love my mum dearly.
I am funny. (Damn perasan even back then)
I am also serious.
I love reading and buying books.
My diet is not very healthy. (You don't say)
I have three best friends since kindergarten.
I love cheese and caviar.
I collect pigs. (Not live ones)
I love driving. (Still do)
I love my dad and bro too. (No choice...ha ha ha)
I was a good student in school. (Again...damn perasan...why did I put this in?)
I can be very outspoken and loud. (Me...the shy one? Must have gotten this wrong)
I am a big fan of the Formula One Grand Prix.
I do things obsessively. (I draw a blank on this one)
I have an improving sense of direction. (Still improving...Ju and Div...no commenting here!)
I am a jeans and shirt gal.
I value memories...sad and happy.
I love to throw things away.
I love to cook when I have the chance.
I love to do art work.
But hardly have the time.
I like my eggs sunny side up.
I prefer noodles over rice.
I could drink tom-yam every day. (And I did...for an entire week)
I value my true friends deeply.
I am a thinker and a brooder.
I love curling up in bed with a good book.
I also love hanging out with my buds.
I like brainless romantic films.
If they're British all the better.
But I prefer dramas.
I like guys with lucious lips.
I don't like people taking advantage of other people.
I hate violence and any senseless lost of life.
.
How I amuse myself. Yes I do. But it's time to go. Finished The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman) last night. Wonderful. Loved it and was oh-so sad when it ended. Made me think of The Jungle Book...somehow. Okay. Really going. Need to drink my coffee. Need to wake up. Need to get my tum tums ready for the barbeque tonight...that's motivation enough to drag my ass (pardon the language) to the shower.

1 comment:

buy regorafenib online said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.