Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tough Time Recycling

It was frustrating. Good intentions were clearly insufficient. But let me start with what STARTED the frustration. Last Sunday, I was out with Amelia getting stuff done for our respective kitchens. It was a hot day. We stopped by a 7-Eleven for can drinks and proceeded to head back into PJ. Soon, the cans were empty and I left them in the car to be recycled once I saw a recycling bin. Monday passed and the cans were still in my car. Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday came and I realised that the places I went to did not have recycling bins located nearby. In fact, the only places I knew had recycling bins are Bangsar Village and IKEA.
.
My point? It is not easy recycling effectively in Malaysia. You seperate the plastics from the paper and glass. And then, you have to go out there and search for a recycling center. I do it because I believe in recycling. But I can just imagine that those who do not take a really strong stand for it will also not really bother to go out and search for the nearest recycling post. That just irks me. Make recycling more simple and accessible! Then maybe more people will do it. Then maybe the blinking weather will go back to normal and I won't feel like melting every single moment of the day! The hot Leech over and out.

No comments: